Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Not at all a fan of "Diets"



So everytime I walk past magazines at the store I ALWAYS see headers that read something like this: "Lose 5 inches in 10 days" "How so and so lost all of her baby weight in just two weeks". And then you open the magazine to the page, see a gorgeous person thats probably been photoshopped to the max, and end up buying the magazine so that you too can "lose 5 inches in 10 days." Have any of you really lost those 5 inches and kept them off forever? If you have, props to you. I know I definately have not done any of those diets and felt that my body was actually healthy.

Although there are many 'fad diets' out there (Atkins, Southbeach, Lemonade fast, Cabbage soup diet, the Hollywood Diet, etc), and I have tried many of them, I do not agree with them and think that they do not work long term. Here are few reasons to why I dont agree with them:

1. They do not instill a healthy lifestyle. When diets do not help improve habits, a person goes right back to the lifestyle that they lived previously.
2. They help you to lose weight quickly, usually depriving your body of important nutrients that you need.
3. Alot of the diets focus on getting rid of water weight, when water is what you need to flush all of the bad things out of your body. And then when you start eating and drinking more water, that weight comes right back.
4. And most important, they do not follow the Word of Wisdom -

I think having a well balanced diet and eating balanced proportions is what will help a body be at the weight it is intended to be at. This website has a great basic setup to how much of each food group we should be trying to get:(http://www.mypyramid.gov/pyramid/index.html)

I tried not to deviate from the topic too much!! Sorry if I did... This topic could go in so many different ways but we will get to those things later:)

No comments:

Post a Comment